Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Happy

Boy do I love Fridays. It's the end of a long, hard worked school week, the beginning to a possibly epic weekend, and a splash of good weather to fill in the middle. And after watching Kerri Washington's insanely phenomenal wardrobe exhibited on the season premiere of Scandal last night, I was feeling inspired to dress up to put the cherry on top of the day. I Take the Stares to my Friday Happy with a little black & green this afternoon...

Anyone who knows a thing or two about Georgia weather knows that Fall is still going to feel like summer for at least the first month in. So I picked up my Friday Happy today with this green mini-skirt and black waist belt over a sheer black cardigan that I tucked in for more of a high waisted look.
 Another new obsession I currently have right now are my black ankle booties. They can go with anything, from a mini skirt to a maxi dress, or from skinny jeans to daisy dukes. Plus, they're perfect for the Fall season!
 One of my go to accessories you'll find in this next picture. My mom gave me this vintage Coach saddle bag in high school when she was sick of seeing me bring the same beat-up, black purse to school everyday. I haven't parted with it since! Another item of apparel I refuse to part with is my fitted leather jacket. It just looks cute with almost anything, in my opinion.
Don't let the day pass without getting your Friday Happy on!
Blouse - by Danny & Nicole. Purchased at Goodwill.
Belt - Purchased at Goodwill
Skirt - by Lily's. Purchased at America's Thrift Store.
Booties - by Nine West. Purchased at America's Thrift Store.
Saddle bag - by Coach.
Leather jacket - by Mudd.

Photography by Joy Etuk

4 comments:

  1. Adorable outfit! Loving the mint against all the black accents.

    www.onmylouboutins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing look. Love the green/mint skirt :)
    Followed you with gfc.
    -xo, Milene from stylingjeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit, especially the shoes! I really enjoy your blog and would love to follow each other—please visit my page and I'll follow you back :)

    xo Jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your look! follow each other on gfc?

    ReplyDelete