Thursday, October 16, 2014

No Lois Jane

Is it a coincidence that I decided wear an all pink outfit for y'all and it's Breast Cancer Awareness month? Possibly. While I hadn't even brought the significance of this month to my attention while putting this ensemble together, I do believe that God put the inspiration in my heart to blog about this outfit during the right time. So today, I am dedicating this post to the 1 in 8 women in the US who will develop breast cancer this year, and the 40,000 women who will die from it by the end of 2014. You are you're own superwomen in every aspect of your resilience to fight that monster one more day and with your courage to smile through it. You are no Lois Lane or poor damsel in distress. You are no Mary Jane in need of a masked man to swing you from rooftop to rooftop. You are the hero. You make me proud to wear this color. You make me proud to be a woman.

In the unofficial bible of Fashion Do's and Don'ts, I think a minor don't is to not wear a lot of bright colors during the colder seasons. Anyone who knows me though knows that's pretty much a stab to my heart because my life revolves around the beauty of color. Soooo... I'm still going to wear my pink dress and green necklace. But I gave the femininity of this outfit a little more edge and a little more fall flare by pairing it with this leather jacket. What do ya think?

I love dresses and blouses with high necklines such as this one because it gives me the ability to play with beautiful statement pieces like this!

You have no idea how great it is to have a turquoise statement necklace in your accessories collection! You can pair it with just about any color on the color spectrum, such as reds, yellows, oranges, and purples.

I've actually had these shoes for a while now, and I'm so glad I'm FINALLY sharing them with you all. They were a birthday gift from my best friend this past year, and it was love ever since.

Ahh. My current accessory obsession is statement earrings. The intricacy..the play on colors...the beautiful stones. They automatically make you feel elegant and beautiful no matter what you're wearing.

I'm no Lois Lane or Mary Jane y'all. I'm my own hero, and so is every woman on this planet. All you have to do is activate your inner Superwoman. Because whether you Take the Stares in a pink dress or in a cape, it is no comparison to that big, beautiful W on your chest.
Dress - by Poetry by Fletcher (Plato's Closet)
Leather Jacket - by Mudd (gift)
Shoes - by Charlotte Russe (gift)
Statement earrings - by Versona Accessories (Versona Accessories)
Statement necklace - (Charlotte Russe)
 Photography by Joy Etuk

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear and thank you for asked me my friendship on IFB. I’m very happy and I accepted immediately! For me your look is perfect: red dress with leather jacket is a very good mix. Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete