Monday, February 29, 2016

Part 1 x Jordan Year

Last Thursday on February 25th,  I brought in my 23rd birthday (shoutout to my fellow Pisceseans)! I started constructing a birthday blog post for you guys so you could celebrate with me, but there was just so much going on in the days that followed, time got away from me. So this week I've got a couple of posts planned debuting my ensembles from the weekend that I'm pretty stoked to share with you guys. So it all began with this emerald, velvet dress...

My two favorite features on this dress are the length and the color. The deep tint of emerald green is just so regal and sophisticated to me, and that in itself complements the length of the dress quite uniformly. The velvet made the night feel as festive as the dress!

I also really love bodycon dresses with long sleeves for some reason. Not just because it's functionally useful when it's 10 degrees outside, but something about the way they look with a form fitting garment it just so very pretty to me. And I think the center cutout detail on this particular dress really stood out to me because it was just such an unexpected hint of sex appeal on something that could've otherwise stood as fairly conservative.
Stay tuned this week for the rest of the past weekends' birthday festivities in Atlanta, Stares goers. I'm just getting started.
Dress - by Boohoo
Photography by Joy Etuk

No comments:

Post a Comment