Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Skorty Spice

Hey Stares-goers! How are your Tuesday vibes tuned today? I'm on the road to graduation, and it's so hard to believe right now. Even though it's only the third week of school, it is on my goal sheet to keep you guys updated on my journey by being more adamant about keeping the posts coming more often this year, as frequently as I can. So I hope you all stay tuned for some cool posts I have planned.

This blue suede bucket hat was just one of the small gems I found when I was out in California this summer. I had a great post sketched out for you guys all about my trip, but unfortunately my phone (with ALL my beautiful pictures from the trip on it) was stolen while I was out there. But I am grateful for the fact that I am still able to show you guys a few of the souvenirs I picked up. One of the things I really wanted to do and was able to while I was out in Cali was explore some of the vintage stores they have there. There was one on Hollywood Boulevard called Iguana that I really liked. Nothing like I've seen in Georgia before. The findings they were selling in the store were some of the most incredible vintage items I had ever seen... and that was only one store. Long story short, this is where I found this lovely blue bucket hat.  


Bodysuits are great. They're just comfortable, and they just fit well when layered under something like a skirt...or should I say skort.

Don't worry. I'm going to get back to the skort thing in a second. But I just wanted to first mention how interesting the location was for this shoot. Aside from the awesome rusty, metal guitar artwork and the historical incarceration building, we ended up finding this cute random, miniature library in the form of the birdhouse that offered free books for passerby. As you can see, I geeked out a little.

Ok, so the skort. I saw it and I fell in love with it, especially for the fact that it's denim. And the pleats and decorative stitching kind of give it its own sense of self. The friend who gave this to me had predicted that skorts were up next for a big come back. I hope she's right. Because I really like this one. Now if you can't quite tell it's a skort, look very closely in some of this pictures when I'm slightly turned or completely turned around.

 Remember this backpack? ( If not, tune into 2013's Gang Green Gang. )

Ugh...this guitar. As rusty as it was, it was still so dreamy. And you can just tell the artist's heart was welded onto it. My deep love for music also made me appreciate his piece a little more.

Another gem I picked up while in Cali were these plastic platform shoes. I've been asked a lot if they're hard to walk in. And they are actually one of the more comfortable pairs of shoes I have. And they're just a lot of fun to wear!

I hope you enjoyed seeing a few of my California gems and denim skort on the Stares today. Stay tuned in this weekend for our first football game of the season and Labor day shenanigans. Goooooo Dawgs!!
Bucket Hat - by Liz Claiborne (Iguana)
Bodysuit - (given)
Skort - by Jordache (given)
Platforms - by Sheikh (Sheikh)
Photography by Jazmyn Wormely

3 comments:

  1. Love the look! Super cute <3
    Xo
    http://catrrine.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your phone! Love the trip recap and beautiful images. Good luck in school!
    xoxo
    http://www.whatsheluvs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this 90s revival going on in fashion! I swear I had this exact outfit at 13. Looks 10x better on you.
    xo
    A
    www.greigemarket.com

    ReplyDelete