Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Frida x Carnivour Creates

Although Frida Kahlo was deemed as a surrealist by society, she rejected that label because she said her paintings "reflected her reality more than it did her dreams". Aside from her being a strong, woman artist and figure at the time, it was seeing that quote that initially connected me to Frida and her work for the first time. After watching her one of her depicted biographies in my art appreciation class, I loved her even more (watch the one on Netflix with Salma Hayek!). So I was obviously thrilled to see that there was a Frida-fied tee that was up for grabs on Carnivour Creates. And look how lovely she looks! Blessed to be able to have the opportunity to represent a favorite woman figure of mine, but what's more is I'm able to share he with you guys. My post on The Stares today is dedicated to the life and words of the phenomenal Ms. Frida Kahlo.

"I don't paint dreams or nightmares. I paint my own reality."



"...To feel the anguish of waiting for the next moment and of taking part int he complex current, not knowing that we are headed towards ourselves. Through millions of stone beings, of bird beings, of star beings, of microbe beings, of fountain beings toward ourselves."

"I paint flowers so they will not die. "

"I paint myself because I am so often alone, and I am the subject I know best."

"Only one mountain can know the core of another mountain."

"I am my own muse. I am the subject that I know best. The subject I want to better."

"You deserve the best, they very best, because you are one of the few people in this lousy world who are honest to themselves, and that is the only thing that really counts."
  "I used to think I was the strangest person in the world, but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels flawed and bizarre in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me, too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this, yes, it's true. I'm here. And I'm just as strange as you. "

Let's shop Carnivour Creates.
Jacket - by (Dynamite Thrift Boutique)
T-shirt - by Carnivour Creates (Carnivour Creates)
Platforms - by Sheik (Sheik)
Photography by Jazmyn Wormely

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh love this funky look!! Definitely getting some 90's vibe in this.

    xx
    atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete