Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Plaid Skrt

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Stares goers! This is an exciting time for me. You know why? Not because of Thanksgiving (well, that's a lie. Definitely because of Thanksgiving), or because it's the end of the semester, or because Christmas is only EXACTLY a month away. It's because plaid skirts are making their coming back! Hoorah!

I never liked plaid. But I guess when you grow as a person, your likes and dislikes grow and change with you. Seeing that I've got 90's fever right now, it probably explains my most recent attachment to certain Clueless inspired pieces.

Remember when I told you guys in Turtle Time that I have a slight infatuation with sleeveless turtlenecks, and how I considered getting one in every color? Welp...
 
 
Snagged a pair of my mom's beautiful, vintage clip-on earrings. I hope she isn't reading this. She hates when I go in her jewelry box. Love you, Mom!

In my new found experience with the plaid skirt, I've found it to be extremely versatile. Edge it up, make it preppy, make it casual, or super dressy. I kind of combined mine with a sporty, edgy, and preppy style here. What do you think?

Also, I am cultivating this new kind of love for loafers that I've never had before. It doesn't really matter what you choose to wear them with - they're super easy to slip on, and they give your look just a hint of cleanliness that I really respect. I may be investing in a few more pairs in the very near future.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way, shape, form, or fashion (haa) affiliated with or support the USC gamecocks. I just really like this baseball cap.

Hey! Guess what? I've got some more really fun, festive pieces coming to the Stares soon. As well as some BTS fashion show snippets, tattoo updates, and lots of lovely brand features. Stick by the Stares. I'll see ya real soon.
Turtleneck - by Guess
Skirt - by H&M
Leather Jacket - by
Socks
Loafers - by Etienne Aigner
Hat - by On Top and Climbing

Photography by Kayla Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment